The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) certifies products with the organic label that meet certain requirements. The main guidelines are:
- biological products,
- promoting ecological balance,
- maintaining biodiversity,
- usage of natural fertilizers,
- natural methods to control pests,
- gentle harvesting, packaging, storage and transportation.
Agencies that are organic certified inspect these entities to ensure the label is justly awarded.
For more information about the USDA Organic Seal go to the USDA website.